Thursday, September 27, 2012


Today is Thursday and that means that it is time for the newest thought at thinking*through*design.  Scrapbooking has changed in many ways over the years. I can honestly say that I am not always crazy about the newest styles, or techniques, but so glad that I decided to give it a try and add dimension to my layouts....it took me a while, refusing at first, but very glad that I fnally gave it a try!  Our newest thought is on dimension and how much it can add to a layout, or card.  Be sure and stop by t*t*d and check out our thoughtful girls projects and read their thoughts, and mine, on dimension.
The photos for my layout were taken in March 2011 of my granddaughter, Ava, and her cousins, Noah and Brooke.  We were celebrating Noah's 2nd Birthday.  I am planning to scrap a companion layout to go with this one at the crop I am attending tomorrow and Saturday in Park City, Kansas.  This will be my first time to attend this event, very excited for all of the classes, visiting, eating, and creating.....I might not get much scrapped, but looking forward to a fun weekend!
 
My second layout was scrapped several weeks ago for Issue Challenge #8 on the Creatingkeepsakes website.  The challenge from Erika was to add an envelop to your card or layout.  I handmade my envelop and tucked a message to Ava inside.  This is a companion to go with a layout that I had already scrapped for her album.
It is cloudy out today....loving the fall weather and the much needed rain that we have received the last couple of days.  Praying for more rain for the farmers! 
 


4 comments:

  1. Such a cute page Carolyn!! Love the design, the cute mix of patterns and colors, and the journaling strips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your layouts are so pretty Carolyn. I love the clean lines of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute layouts---both of them! So good to see you blogging! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both beautiful LO's, Carolyn! Ava is such a doll :)

    ReplyDelete